If you have decided to rent a mobile home for you and your family, then it may be a bit smaller in size than what you would get if you had rented a stick built home. There are a lot of tips you can follow that will help to make sure that you are making good use of the space it provides you with and organizing in a way that doesn't cause your home to feel cluttered and small. Here are some organizational tips for you to keep in mind:
- Get an outside storage shed – You may want to get permission from the rental management company. However, if they okay it then you can get an outside storage shed will give you somewhere to put the things you don't need in the house since they don't get used very often. A couple examples of things you can store here would include holiday decorations you only need to access once a year and tools.
- Have shelves put up in all the rooms it makes sense for – You can put high shelves in many of the rooms to help you keep a lot of stuff off the floors and out of the much-needed cabinets. For example, shelves in the laundry room, bathroom, bedrooms and dining room can offer you more places to put everything from soaps to nick knacks.
- Use every inch of the closets – You can use soda can tops and hang one from the hanger of a coat hanger to loop another coat hanger through it. You can do this several times so you can stagger your clothing, allowing you to fit more than triple the amount of clothing in a small area of the closet. Hang shoe organizers for shoes, build shelves in any bare wall space and put small bookshelves against the walls for more storage space.
- Choose your beds carefully and with much thought – Captain's beds can be great for a child's room. They have drawers under the mattress area where you can put more clothing, toys or any other items. If you have children that will be sharing a room then you should really go with bunk beds. You may also want to go with a futon bed in some cases when you would like to have the ability to fold the bed up into a couch during the daytime to get more space when not sleeping.
- Attach a flat screen to the wall – By going with flat screen TV's in rooms and attaching them directly to the walls, you won't need to worry about taking up the room with entertainment centers or TV stands.
Contact a local rental management company for more information and assistance.